Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Things are different here.

Recently came across this delightful blog and haven't been able to get enough of it. She and her family moved to France for a year (I guess they're somewhere in the middle of that year now?) and she posts about the myriad adjustments that have to be made as Americans and an established family (6 children! :) ). It's really quite fascinating. I've been perusing old entries and came across some other wonderful sites... sites I might never have come across on my own. At least, I don't know how I would have. Anyway.

A few:

Got kids? Those kids have birthdays? Dreamy parties
I'm not sure how I've not come here before. So much whimsy!
I want to be her when I grow up. Ambrosia

It's safe to say that I wish I were a designer and lived a more fascinating and creative life. Maybe I just want to live in France tho. Hot cocoa for breakfast, 2 hour lunches are the norm and markets to buy one's dinner, fresh fresh fresh.

Maybe if I let the boy get his tv, he'll get me Rosetta Stone and learning can commence! Speaking the language makes it more likely that we'll visit some day, right? RIGHT?

No comments:

Post a Comment