Friday, June 17, 2011

How long till winter?

Izzy asked today if it would be a long time till winter. I told her we had to make it through summer first and she said 'well, when it does snow, I will need help with my snowman'. Already lining up the winter activities and it's not even technically summer yet!

Current wonderings:

What type personality are my children? Isobel seems to need to know what's going on to stay on an even keel, Lily is apparently ok with life changing at the drop of a hat. Heck, she doesn't even need the hat.

What should I be reading? I have new books to read but it seems like I'm having a difficult time actually delving into them.

Latest literary acquisition is "The Blessing of a Skinned Knee." My rabbi recommended it as a good resource for finding ways to incorporate Jewish beliefs into every day parenting life. Today would have been a good day to have some insight, as I tried to remember what I had on my grocery list between screams, howls and general mayhem from the peanut gallery. I don't want to be the mom who can't handle a trip to the store but some days, I AM that mom. I want to just sit down and cry with the kids until we're all sorted out.

Redesigned/titled the blog. I had considered trashing it completely and starting anew but that's actually more work than simply importing the old entries and hoping people  I don't mind the nonsense from years past.

No comments:

Post a Comment