Friday, July 29, 2011

July 29, 2011

This week has been rough. I don't know if it's the heat or their ages or simply my inability to spend all day entertaining but the kids have been driving me NUTS! The constant fighting over every little toy is really nerve wracking for me. We've also cut back MAJORLY on tv time so I'm sure that's part of it. In the long run, I know it does them a lot of good but can the benefits really outweigh the stress caused? Yikes. So much screaming over babies and toy wands and boxes.

We made it to the zoo last Friday but didn't do anything quite so adventurous this week. It's hard talking yourself into a day trip when you know you're going to be battling wills the entire time. Next week will be calmer... I keep telling myself that. Maybe the mantra will work and it will be a breeze.

I've been working on a school schedule for Izzy/Lily. I'm not sure how well it will work but I keep reminding myself that this first year, while important, won't define their entire scholastic career. 10-15 minute periods sprinkled through out the day should allow us to cover most subjects on an almost daily basis.

Izzy starts ballet classes next month. I didn't realize until a week ago that it will conflict right off the bat with our planned excursion with my parents but oh well. I don't know how a makeup class will work out but surely we can do something like that. After all, it's pre-ballet... surely they won't overload them in the first two weeks.

Fighting the green-eyed monster this week. From the peanut gallery comes all the "But I want it toooooooo" and from myself comes the "Why can't I have ________." The cute shoes, the nicer clothes, more nights out... you name it. I don't know what I'd do with any of those things, mind you. But it doesn't stop me from wanting. Working on that, though. Coveting never helped anyone.

Trying to remember to be thankful for the friends I have and the time with family. Having always struggled with feelings of exclusion, it's easy to feel slighted sometimes. Meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment