Saturday, October 9, 2010

This IS how I relax

Fighting the urge to go to the store and get next week's shopping done. I fully intend to start relaxing on Saturdays but it's hard to break a habit. I'm not going to pretend that every day has some major project or goal... if they did, I wouldn't have a hard time remembering what I did ALL WEEK. But I'd like to think that I am at least a little productive in every 24 hour period.

Yesterday it was laundry and baking. Today, we went to shul with the 'rents and enjoyed a Bat Mitzvah. I'd forgotten how much fun those can be. I'm a little bothered about not finding more people to chat with but it occurs to me that I could be the more outgoing one and not wait for someone else to do all the work. Izzy will learn that it's ok to go out and get new friends and not always wait for them to come get us.

Lily has figured out that words make sense every time you use them. I think she was under the impression that they only work occasionally but now she's started to use them appropriately and it's exciting to see the comprehension lighting up her face. On the way to lunch, I asked her what she was doing and she said "sit down." She's started using "all done" (but she says it more like 'aaw doh') to let me know she's done eating or done having her diaper changed or done throwing a hissy fit. That's the big one to me... the fact that her little brain can understand that I WANT her to be all done and she CAN be all done and picked up is just astounding.

This brings me to another topic. The baby fever. As full as my hands and head are with taking care of these two girls, I find myself missing being pregnant and caring for a tiny baby. It doesn't really matter that the baby fever is coming back but it's still there. Oh well. Time to re-tackle preschool for Izzy and get some projects started for Hanukkah. Depriving myself of any and all free time is exactly how I will get over wishing for another kid. :)

The boy is looking at a boat on craigslist. I would LOVE to have a boat but I feel like I should be the uber-responsible one that nixes the idea. We don't need to spend the money, we don't need the extra work of taking care of it, yada yada. But... it's a boat. And it's pretty. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment