Monday, April 22, 2013

April 22, 2013

Oy.

This month started off really well. A new, adorable nephew was born on the 4th. School has gone well - Izzy is getting more confident in her reading capabilities, Noah is following directions better, Lily is... Lily. 

Oh wait. My cough got crazy again at the end of last month so I spent a couple hours on April 1st getting that checked out and picking up meds. Ok, so maybe not 'really well' PERSONALLY but in other, more extended ways, this month started off nicely. 

And then craziness. The bombing in Boston that struck a whole new fear into people's hearts. The explosion in West that damaged so much of a small town. The man-hunt for the bombers that locked a city inside their own homes for hours. An earthquake in China that, last I saw, had claimed more than 160 lives. 

On a more personal level, this cough is still not going away, I'm always short of breath, and someone rear-ended me yesterday morning. I already dislike getting up and leaving the house by 7:30 in the morning. Hitting me at a stop light, while running a last minute errand before class-time was just MEAN.

I think I'm ready for April to be over already. 

No comments:

Post a Comment