Friday, November 5, 2010

Lily'isms

About 3 weeks ago, Lily started saying "Bess you" when she'd hear someone sneeze. It's adorable and often prompts a round of 'bless you's from everyone else in the room. While we were in Oregon last week, the girls had a hard time sleeping, even though we all shared a room. On one of our last nights, Lily woke up in the wee hours and after calming her down, we got to listen to her talk to herself for a while. She sneezed and then a few seconds later, we heard her say 'bess you' to herself. Even on very little sleep, it was adorable and funny.

Today during dinner, she was reaching for the bread and starting her fake 'uuuuuhhhhhh!' cry. I asked her if she wanted bread and she started to giggle in anticipation (just like her sister!). When I handed her a little piece, she said 'teh-choo, sum!'.  I don't think she's actually put words together like that before. She must have been taking notes this past week.

This little girl is so huggy, it boggles my mind. I don't think Izzy was this affectionate at the same age. Lily will sit with me and just turn and hug me over and over. She only gets tired of it if I try to hold her too firmly. All on her terms, I guess. That's a good thing. I want my girls to be sure of themselves and strong willed about their personal space.

No comments:

Post a Comment