Friday, April 23, 2010

Counting down or counting up?

Do you count down to birthdays or count up to them? Count downs seem like they're normally for things you aren't particularly looking forward to. So maybe you count up to your 25th birthday and count down to all the rest.

Anyway. We're counting the days till Lily turns 1. ONE! I can't believe almost a year has gone by since we had her. Last night, I had a moment of sadness when I realized I couldn't really remember what I'd done all day with the girls just the day before. I finally figured it out but then I had to stop thinking about it because most of the days prior to that were just a blur and I didn't want to actually depress myself. I need to work harder at making note of the little moments, taking pictures and video, writing down all the silly things.

Lily has figured out waving. She waves backwards but it's so precious. And she waves with both hands. :) I think sometimes she's trying to figure out if there's a way to do it to mean 'come here' rather than 'bye-bye'... Adorable, no matter which she means. Chad caught her trying to climb on the couch the other day... she'd turned a little toy upside down and kept pushing it against the couch to stand on it. It won't be long till she masters the furniture. She's so quiet most of the time that I'm sure she's going to be the one getting into everything.

Izzy will be 3 in about 2.5 months. I'm so not ready for that! I don't know how I'll get around to actually sending her to school when the time comes. I absolutely dread it. I don't trust other people with my kids. :( At least I don't have to send her to preschool and all that. I'm convinced that a lot of kids have issues in school simply because our societal structure encourages parents to send them away to classes before they're really ready to adapt to that environment. Maybe I'm just selfish and I don't want to share my child's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment