Monday, September 14, 2009

Washed up summer

It's been raining nearly nonstop for three days now. I can't remember the last time we had weather like this. I hope this means summer is over because I am SO over summer. I've had more than enough of the unforgiving heat and misery. We might not be able to play outside when it rains but at least going outside doesn't instantly lead to a river of sweat cascading down my chest.

Chad is in D.C. again. This time last year, I messaged him to let him know Lily was 'in the oven'. This year, we hopefully have no such surprises. I'm not sure I could handle that right now. I tried to imagine that last night, just for the sake of 'what if' but... I really couldn't even think about it without feeling overwhelmed. My girls are everything to me... which means they are enough. I wasn't sure I would be done with Lily but once she was actually here, I knew I was satisfied. Two is plenty. Any more and I think I would feel obligated to enroll someone in daycare. Or bootcamp...

No comments:

Post a Comment