I used to make 'uber-lists' as the year changed and each new year, I would read over the previous list and be disappointed with myself for not having put more effort into life. Now maybe my lists were too long or too specific or I was just setting goals for myself that didn't make sense but I eventually failed at even writing the lists. I think last year, I said something about "we need to repaint in here sometime" and that was as close as I came to setting a goal. I DID actually repaint our bedroom/bathroom but I never got around to the girls' room/bathroom or the downstairs walls. I haven't decluttered my house or my life and I know that's been on my list at least a few times.
It may be time for a new attempt at an uber-list. I will not make one as long as I used to. 100+ things to accomplish in a year? Madness. 10 seems too trite so I am going to work on 13. 6 fun ones and 7 serious ones.
Serious like the days of the week:
1. Actually DONATE the bagged items I've got stashed away. They aren't doing anyone any good as long as they're still sitting in the laundry room.
2. Organize closets. This one shouldn't really be that hard because I actually DO like making a mess and then cleaning it back up.
3. More sewing. I have patterns for dresses for the girls and even enough material to make a few and I just haven't done it yet.
4. Run at least one race. I'm already signed up for one so this is highly do-able.
5. Paint a room in the house. Seriously. Really need to do this. haha
6. Study scripture more. I feel like this is attainable. After all, the Torah has already been divided up into nifty portions for each week and all I have to do is READ them.
7. Cut back on spending. This one is HARD because I generally try to spend money on things I actually have need of and yet I feel like I'm often spending simply because it's there.
Fun, like Funday.
1. Get a wok.
2. Write more letters to people.
3. More date-nights!
4. Re-watch all of Gilmore Girls.
5. Attend another home-school book-fair. This was a lot of fun last year and I feel like it could definitely help to keep things fresh and interesting.
6. Clean out old makeup/hair products so I can FIND things again. Yes. This is a fun one.