Thursday, February 16, 2006

Last night was the Pros versus Prospects charity game. I can't even describe how much I enjoyed seeing the old guard take on the new kids. I know the "new kids" have all been playing for 5-6 years and all but compared to people like Benoit Hogue, Guy Carbonneau and Brett Hull, they're just chilluns. It took about a period and a half for the Pros to really get in the swing of things. I'm not sure if they were taking it easy on the Tornado or themselves. I'm sure even being a few months out of nearly daily skating (like Brett) leaves one a bit off, let alone being several years away from it and having spent the last while on a bench (like Kirk Muller). The Pros put away 8 goals to the Prospects' 6... closer than I thought it would be, honestly.
This year, maybe I'll put away some moneys here and there for bidding on a signed sweater. It goes to charity (deduction! heh) AND I'd get a pretty sweater to wear to games. Moo ha ha.

Plumbers have been at the house for the past 4 days. They pretty much replaced all the drain-pipe under the house (eeeeeee!) and stopped several leaks that I'm sure were causing many of the cracks in the walls. Here's hoping that this means painting and selling aren't too far away. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment