Monday, September 7, 2015

Monday, September 7th, 2015

This Friday will mark a month since we moved to a new house. It's been hard getting used to a new area. Nothing is where I expect it to be and nothing is familiar. Yet. Someday it will be. Someday we'll have been here long enough that stores and restaurants will seem like 'home' but right now, I feel like I'm in someone else's house. Someone else's very large, very closet-y house. 

Schooling while unpacking is not for the faint of heart. Between not having a clear schedule made up before starting and finding out that we didn't even have all the right books, it's been a rocky first week. This week will be our 'make up' week... catching up on the studies we couldn't complete last week so that NEXT week can be our for-real second week. 

My best friend had her baby yesterday. I cannot wait to see them. 

I've discovered that I take things to heart that I probably shouldn't and that I find it impossible to work through those things without massive shedding of tears. My husband tells me it's because I don't connect easily with people but that when I do, it's deeper and more intense. I'm sure he's right... he's one of the few. 

Today, I just want to crawl back in bed and watch bad tv until I fall asleep. Tomorrow will be different and better and less stressful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment